The Niskanen Center, a nonpartisan think tank and advocacy organization that works to promote an open society, is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to join the team as a Major Gifts Officer (MGO). The MGO will help design, develop, and implement the major gift program and related events, and will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with prospects to support the Niskanen Center’s mission.
- Develop new relationships with prospective donors; seek ways to re-engage lapsed donors.
- Secure major gifts at the five-and six-figure levels.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of 100 to 150 major donors, and maintain constistant communication (by phone, email, and in person) with the goal of securing financial support and advocacy for our work.
- Assist our board and staff with their solicitations (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Organize VIP dinners, lunches, and other events for donors and Niskanen staff.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and research tools.
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
Qualifications and skills
- At least seven (7) years of nonprofit fundraising and event management experience. Experience in policy and/or politics fundraising is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to secure individual and major gifts to meet organizational objectives.
- Familiarity with donor databases, prospect research, and other wealth screening tools.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills; comfortable speaking in front of a large audience.
- Superior organizational and time management abilities, with prioritization on meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work efficiently towards goals and annual targets.
- Undergraduate degree at a minimum.
- Availability to work flexible hours—duties will include occasional evening meetings or events.
- Availability to travel throughout the U.S. A valid driver’s license and the ability to rent cars is necessary.
Niskanen Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also seek to expand our professional networks and workplace composition to better reflect our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
Position open until filled. Please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in your application. No phone calls, please.